Florissant (314) 470-9630 | O’Fallon (636) 232-0202
Spring is upon us and the busy summer driving season is fast approaching in Florissant and O’Fallon, Missouri. Spring also means it’s time to have a multi-point vehicle inspection done to make sure your car is in shape for the hot summer months. A simple fact about cars is that parts and fluids wear out over time and will need to be replaced or replenished to keep your vehicle running well. The best way to determine what parts are going to need attention is by having a multi-point inspection done before something wears out and breaks at an inopportune time while you are driving around Missouri. At Travers Premier Auto Service, we have technicians trained by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) on staff to perform your multi-point inspection and take care of any looming issues they uncover.
The Multi-Point Inspection
A multi-point inspection involves checking various components of your car to make sure they are in good shape. The inspection includes checking:
- Fluid Levels: There are seven different types of fluids a car uses that should be checked periodically to make sure you have enough and that it is still in good shape. The different fluid types are for the engine oil, transmission, radiator, power steering, brake, air conditioning, and window washing. Low or worn fluid can lead to extensive damage due to friction and heat buildup.
- Tires: Tires will be checked for pressure, how much tread is left, and if there are uneven wear patterns. Uneven wear patterns typically mean the tires are out of balance or alignment and are wearing out prematurely.
- Brakes: In addition to the brake fluid level getting checked, your pads and rotors will be checked for thickness to ensure there’s enough material left to safely stop your car. The hoses, calipers, ABS system, and wheel cylinders are also inspected.
- Exhaust System: The exhaust manifold, pipes, and muffler will be checked for excessive deterioration and leaks which can affect the performance of your car and your car’s ability to pass a smog test.
- Steering and Suspension: The steering and suspension system consists of u-joints, idlers, center links, tie rods, ball joints, and shocks and struts. If any part malfunctions, you will have a hard time steering your vehicle and the ride will get a lot rougher.
- General Maintenance: A thorough inspection is done of your head gasket, cabin filter, engine air filter, wires, hoses, and timing belt to check for problems.
St. Louis Area Auto Service
Getting an inspection done soon can save you a lot of time and headaches later on when something goes wrong. At Travers Premier Auto Service, we can take care of all the inspection and repair needs for car owners in the Florissant, O’Fallon, St. Louis, St. Charles, St. Peters, Chesterfield, and Clayton, MO, communities.